2015 Annual Meeting &
The National Association of Women Lawyers® (NAWL) will host its Annual Meeting and Awards Luncheon on Thursday, July 16, 2015 at the Grand Hyatt New York – a new venue for 2015. NAWL welcomes all interested attorneys to attend. To register and learn more, visit www.nawl.org/2015annualmeeting.
Since 1899, NAWL has brought together women in the legal profession to celebrate the contributions of passionate and committed women lawyers, and to promote the advancement and interests of women in and under the law. NAWL is pleased to announce the 2015 Annual Meeting theme, “Up for the Challenge: Harnessing Our Power to Lead.” Programming will examine best practices for creating a pipeline for the next generation and building and leveraging trusting relationships.
The Annual Awards Luncheon honors the women and men who have been agents of change in the legal community by making significant contributions to diversifying the legal profession, as well as individuals who have devoted significant time and energy to advancing NAWL’s mission. The 2015 awards to be presented are:
• Arabella Babb Mansfield Award for contributions to women in the law and in society – to Mary Jo White, Chair, U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission;
• President’s Award for the advancement and retention of women attorneys by an organization – to Exelon Corporation;
• Lead By Example Award for a leading male attorney in a law firm, company, government unit or public interest entity who supports the advancement of women within his organization – to Jonathan Feigelson, Senior Managing Director, General Counsel and Head of Corporate Governance, TIAA-CREF;
• M. Ashley Dickerson Award in recognition of lawyers who promote diversity – JoAnne A. Epps, Dean, Temple Law School; and
• Virginia S. Mueller Outstanding Member Awards recognizing leading NAWL members for their exemplary work and contributions to NAWL – to Kelly A. Clark, Allstate Insurance Company; Joy C. Fuhr, McGuireWoods LLP; and Sheila M. Murphy, MetLife, Inc.
Lisa M. Passante
The National Association of Women Lawyers is the leading national voluntary organization devoted to the interests of women lawyers and women's rights. Foundedover 115 years ago, NAWL has a long history of serving as an educational forum and an active voice for the concerns of women in the legal profession. Learn More
By joining NAWL, you join women and men throughout the United States and overseas advocating for women’s rights and the advancement of women in the legal profession. Join now.